Welcome to The Lice Place

A Safe & Smart Choice for Lice Removal

If you or a family member are unfortunate enough to come down with head lice, you may want to think twice before reaching for the customary bottle of lice shampoo or prescription treatment from the drug store. According to the latest research the tiny blood-sucking parasites are becoming increasingly resistant to traditional methods of treatment.

The problem is that the over-the-counter shampoos have used the same few chemicals since they came on the market in the mid-1980s. They worked well at first, but over time, the lice developed widespread resistance to them. In fact, 99% of lice in a recent study were found to be immune to the effects of insecticides. Pharmaceutical prescription treatments, per their own clinical studies, only show a 70% to 80% efficacy rate.

In addition to being ineffective and having some possible medical risks, the shampoos and prescription treatments are costly and only delay the suffering. At The Lice Place,we get rid of lice safely, effectively, and efficiently in just one treatment – without the use of pesticides. Furthermore, the head lice education and information you will receive at any of our clinics is based upon research, clinical studies and our own 11+ years of experience. No other lice treatment company is more professional and successful in defeating head lice than The Lice Place.

The Lice Place SERVICES

A Safe & Smart Choice for Lice Removal

The Lice Place can safely and effectively rid your family of a head lice infestation with just one pesticide-free, non-toxic treatment. In addition, we also offer advice and guidance in preventive measures to safeguard the child and other family members from recurring cases. Our goal is to help keep your family free of lice today and in the future


  • Common Lice Treatments & Why They Don't Work?

  • And The Survey Says?

  • Facts of Lice & Other Information?

  • Protect Yourself In Theaters & Planes?

  • Important Information Regarding Cancellations & No-Shows?


The Lice Place Video


YIKES! My child has been sent home from school with lice. What should I do?

First things first, don’t panic. While you may have the urge to pick every nit ASAP, take a deep breath and relax. By the time your child shows symptoms of lice, they’ve likely been infested for a few weeks. Give us a call and schedule a head check, and we’ll go from there.

Why do I need to schedule a head check? The nurse/doctor diagnosed my child with lice.

Head lice are very commonly misdiagnosed. Nearly half of the clients we see think they have lice – but don’t! Nits are easily confused with things like dandruff, dirt or even drops of hairspray. Our experts are trained to spot the difference. And, a head check may save you money in the long run in the instance that lice are not present!

What about the prescription drugs used to treat lice? Isn’t that the best method?

Here at The Lice Place, we respectfully disagree! Most prescription and over-the-counter treatments are made using toxic pesticides that we believe are too harsh to use on a child’s head. We prefer to use all-natural, non-toxic solutions that are just as effective, without the risky side effects.

How does treatment work?

At The Lice Place, we value your privacy. That’s why we treat ALL clients in a private treatment room at no extra charge. Using The Warner Method – a safe, non-toxic, pesticide-free method of combing and manual removal, we pick every nit and remove each louse. Our treatments are backed by a 30-day guarantee. We also provide advice and guidance to safeguard the rest of your family from recurring cases.

How soon after finding head lice should I seek treatment?

As soon as possible. But don’t go into panic mode. We understand head lice can be unsettling, but they pose no immediate health risk.

Why don’t you go in-home?

Great question! At The Lice Place, we pride ourselves in getting the job done right, the first time. That means using special equipment, tools, and lighting. Our treatment rooms are equipped with everything our technicians need to safely and effectively treat your child, so you can both go home lice-free and with peace of mind.

But don’t I need to clean my house to get rid of all the lice? I’ve heard that I should clean carpets, drapes and take toys away for at least a week.

Head lice are transferred by head-to-head contact. Lice can’t survive for long once they’ve separated from their human host. There’s no need to take toys away from children who are already having a tough time with lice. If vacuuming carpets and washing your linens will give you peace of mind, go for it! But it’s definitely not necessary as the life cycle of lice once they are off of humans is 24 hours or less.

Are head lice a health concern for my children?

Head lice pose no immediate health risk and are not known to spread disease. However, they can be uncomfortable because they cause itching and can keep kids awake at night with scratching fits.

We think my child got lice from one of her classmates. What steps do I need to take to ensure the school is aware and that she doesn’t get it again after treatment?

Our goal is to keep your child lice-free today and in the future. We are proud to offer a 30-day guarantee at The Lice Place. If for any reason your child exhibits symptoms of another infestation within 30 days of their treatment, bring them back for a free head check. We also offer deterrent products so you can minimize the risk of a recurring infestation. Ask about our mint spray and shampoo!


Click Here For Our Hours Of Operation